Monday, December 12, 2011

GUILTY PLEASURES

 
NAME: Amanda Elser
AGE: 21
LOCATION: Glen Mills, Pennsylvania

Explain your blog for someone who has never seen it before.
My blog is basically just an outlet for my own guilty pleasures. It just so happens that one of my biggest guilty pleasures is fashion so that encompasses a large portion of my blog, but I also  have food, lifestyle and some interiors.

Blog names are for the most part very creative and unique. Tell us how you came up with yours?
Originally my blog was just called "Guilty Pleasures", but as it evolved I realized it was more just an extension of me so I changed it to Amanda Lorena. Obviously Lorena is Italian for Lauren (my actual middle name) but this name was just another way of showing what sets me apart from your average Joe. 

How and what made you start blogging ?
My blog is still a relatively new work in progress. I really just started because there are so many visual outlets on the internet nowadays I really just wanted to have my own to share my own interests. What really got me into it is the chance to connect with other bloggers and writers, which is what I do in my occasional "Blogger Spotlight." As my blog evolves I hope it to be solely interviews -- something like Into the Gloss, but with a different topic. In which, case it would be a little less about me and more about other people.


What is your mission for your blog? What do you hope to teach/show your viewers? 
I want my readers to gain some type of new appreciation for their own addictions. If you are an Accountant secretly simultaneously obsessed with Alexander McQueen and Jersey Shore then I want you to embrace that! It's all about loosing the actual guilt associated with your pleasures. 
Tell us about yourself. What do you do/did you do before blogging?  
I am a student. I am hoping to find a job in the editorial business at a lifestyle or fashion magazine. This summer I am working with O Magazine.  

List five random facts about yourself.  
1. I look at wedding blogs daily even though I am no where near ready to get married.
2. I played the French Horn while in High School. 
3. I'm slightly addicted to the TV show Criminal Minds (Particularly Dr. Spencer Reid) 
4. I use Mane and Tale on my hair (yes, the horse shampoo) 
5. I know how to make a mean espresso, and not because I am Italian, but because I worked as a barista for 2 years. 


List three of your favorite blogs you follow.
The Daybook -- For some daily outfit posts 
Garance Dore -- For visual inspiration 
Cupcakes and Cashmere -- For the motivation to make even my breakfast look that pretty. 

The word VOLUME has various meanings. What does VOLUME mean to you? How would you describe it in your own words?
I guess Volume to me is the intensity any object or being has resonating in the world. My own volume would be the impact I have on others around me. A volume can be set to any level and it can still be heard and can still make a difference.