Monday, January 9, 2012

COMPLACENCY KILLS

Blog Name: Complacency Kills | http://www.complacencykillsusall.com/
Name: Lindsey  
Location: San Francisco, CA
 

Explain your blog for someone who has never seen it before.
Complacency Kills is a style blog dedicated to my thoughts on fashion, art and other forms of escapism.  While it mainly serves as a creative tool for communicating my personal style through outfit posts, music and art; it also showcases brands, editorials and lookbooks that speak to me in today’s fashion industry.  

Blog names are for the most part very creative and unique. Tell us how you came up with yours?

I came up with ‘Complacency Kills’ based on my firm belief that fashion and life should be anything but complacent.  It has kind of become a slogan for me to stay competitive, forward-thinking and forever open-minded when it comes to personal style and living life.
 

How and what made you start blogging?
I’ve never been good at keeping a journal or diary simply based on the fact that I’m a highly visual person.  Blogging has become the most logical way of maintaining an inspirational style diary of my very own. I started blogging in 2009 as a means of documenting beautiful things that speak to me and have found great pleasure in sharing my ideas and fashionable findings with the world.  
 

Tell us about yourself. What do you do/did you do before blogging?
While attending the school in San Francisco, I was lucky enough to explore both the creative and business sides of art and fashion.  Although I predominantly immerse myself in the world of fashion marketing, I’ve been working on a number of freelance styling  opportunities and blog-related projects lately.    
 

Three things you can't live without?
iPhones, Sunscreen and my dog, Biggie.
 

List three of your favorite blogs you follow.
Oracle Fox | http://oraclefox.blogspot.com/

Knight Cat | http://www.knighttcat.com/
The Glamorai | http://www.theglamourai.com/
 

What is your current muse/inspiration?
Alison Mosshart, Kate Moss and chic collections by Parisian designers. Balmain’s Resort 2012 and Isabel Marant’s S/S 2011 are two of my favorites at the moment.  
 

The word VOLUME has various meanings. What does VOLUME mean to you?
When I think of Volume, quantity immediately comes to mind.  Perfect proportions always make for aesthetically pleasing results.